Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The forum for exciting slippers

Well today seemed like a good day to work from home. No, not "work from home" - the actually work from home type. However, it did also seem like a great idea to just pop out quickly and go to the post office and bank a cheque first this morning, and then maybe see my mate G at the adult education college about a course I'm meant to be teaching as of next week...and before you know it its lunch time! Quickly logged on and sent some emails to work to authenticate the whole deal, and have every earnest intent of still squeezing in that 7 hour chunk of work on a particular projectthat seemed so appealing yesterday...

Got very excited last night scanning pictures that I've done - wanted to upload some to this blog and also use for an application for an exhibition...but..I saved them without the file extension bit at the end of the filename (.tif etc) so my industrious scanning rendered fairly useless. Dabnabit! So this blog will remain text text text until maybe tomorrow when I try again. I think my blog is going through a 'boring is the new interesting'phase. Just had a quick scan and approx 97.1% of all seagreen blog entries this last month have involved talk of slippers and cups of tea. Who's the nanna here really mermaidgrrrl??

But it hasn't been boring from this end - truly. Slippers needn't be boring.

Here are some of the many exciting things that have happened just this week (and I'm actually not being sarcastic, although I fear that it sounds like I am).

Ten wonderful exciting things that happened to me in and amongst wearing slippers:
1. This morning at the post office collected literally the biggest parcel I have ever received. Not just big, but big with sparkly paper, from the groovin gals in Qld. It was so unexpectedly big (I'm not a size queen, I promise) that I squealed a mini squeal and possibly did a mini wiggle dance when the woman got it out. Have not opened it yet as am saving for a cup of tea and break later this arvo.
2. Banked my very first ever cent that I've made from art. OK so it wasn't for selling a grandiose piece but for teaching a class, but hey, still very very exciting.
3. Sent my very first invoice using my very own actual ABN. Scared witless at the idea of running a business but like the tactile simplicity of an invoice in an envelope (yeah I know, I could have emailed it). I even have a green hard cover ledger book! How cute. Making up what goes in what columns but hardly a problem seeing as there is not much to put in there yet. This will likely result in my second ever pay from art stuff (also workshops).
4. My wardrobe is sifted into colourful drifts and it makes picking what to wear lots of fun. I have unearthed a truckload of accessories and intend to wear them. In fact have an idle curiosity about how many days in a row I could go wearing a different outfit each day including accessories before I'd have to rewear or come out naked. Suspect its quite a few. Have decided to feel ok about my incessant desire for amusing myself through wacky necklaces and zany fabrics. Coporate schmorporate.
5. Working from home today and feeling quite resolute about doing this more often. Also trying to figure out best way to have only a 4 day working week, so that I can have another day for all the fun stuff.
6. I got asked out twice. Sure one was by an 'oops I missed my train' late night train station buddy who works at a falaffel shop, and one was by a slightly dessicated local man with wildy hair and eyes that suggest he's been looking into the spotlights whilst darting across roads, but hey, whatever. It's still a nice gesture.
7. Had fun scanning my pictures.
8. Have found a local gig buddy who is into live music and often goes to stuff at the good venue up here plus in Sydney. Are making plans to go to stuff...ooh a winter night life.
9. Have been all ESP-y this week, guessing lots of things, asking people things before even wondering why and getting it right.
10. Found a very cool fiction writing masterclass and plan to go.

See - it hasn't been all glasses of sherry and the Two Ronnies.
(Although it is almost knitting weather again!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

I'm so happy that the sparkly box made you happy! I might be hideously slack in the present/writing department but I make up for it eventually :-)

We are planning to buy a house in Lismore within 2 years. We'll need to save a deposit which will be OK I think, and I'm going to update some of my skills as well. I'm getting my overlocker fixed next week and getting an ABN to start making nappies to sell. I've already got a customer at work and I haven't started yet! You BETTER come and live in the sticks with us and felt. The markets around that area are great and I think you could do well. We actually saw a house for sale with a detatched studio apartment with it's own bathroom and everything (hint hint)

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home