Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Books and bed all wrapped up with string - these are two of my fave faviest things

I think we should rename public hols 'public sleep catch up days' coz that's what they end up being for me. SO deligtful to sleep a lot, enough, all in one hit. It was so good I even had a nap too. 'Aaaaaah' [followed by a wistful well rested peaceful smile and look out window].

A few people at work were going back in today to finish stuff off, but not me! I had a date with my fluffy slippers and the teapot. I did stay there till a silly hour last night just to get something over the hump, at a handinable stage, so it wasn't lurking around. Bad to stay late and have no weeknight life, but good when you get in the zone and stay there. Also good when you realise that the 'oh, oh well, I'll just get in really early Wednesday morning and finish it off before the meeting' line that you sometimes use is COMPLETE FICTION. Nice to not have an unfinished excel spreadsheet haunting me over my public sleep in day. Yah.

Speaking of the zone (you know, when you really get into what you're working on, and suddenly it is transformed into the most interesting thing you can ever remember doing, the minutes are suspended, and you make real progress - rather than avoiding it with sidelong looks while you procrastinate ane send emails and feel grumpy), I was invited out for coffee recently (note that short coffee breaks out, in an actual cafe, outside of lunch break time is culturally acceptable in my office, which I love)by a colleague and had to say 'sorry, no, I'm in the zone - it takes me ages to get here but when I'm in it I just want to stay' to which he replied that he slips in and out of the zone, that he thinks his zone is quite shallow and just when he thinks he's in it he finds he's out, and vice versa. Ahem. So I just smiled but inwardly thought 'Boys! No surprise there!'...

Now, on the topic of sleepy days, I must point out that PH's are also very nice reading in bed / reading on the couch days, and to whit (sp??), would be a good day for someone to update the Booklub website !! (yes thats book lub - nicely articulated Guitar Boy). Please will someone else post - it's boring and stale in there at the moment. Magazines - comics - short stories - back of cereal packets - all good, post away. If you want to post but aren't on there as a 'team member' (gooooo team book lub!) just email me /post a comment with your details and I will send you the requisite invite email. Oh, and on the topic of posting - Guitar Boy!! You big blogtease!! Set us up thinking we'll get regular snippets of life down under through the lens of your fabulous wry SOH, have us sitting on the edge of our fave blog reading spots, have us clicking your link - to no avail!! Honestly if I hadn't just worn your stripey /monkey pj's and slept on your deluxe blow up bed I would think you'd run away with a circus or something (and would be very miffed that you hadn't taken me with you...). Please come back. Don't make me be like one of those fans who just wont leave the 'encore' shout alone at the end of the gig...because *that's* what I'm turning into here!! :)

Oh ok I think that's it from me. Slippers are a good look until it hits 5pm and then it's definitely time to dress for dinner. Popping up to the main street to see what zany acshon is happpening, and catch up with mountainy friend...which will be nice. Note - leaving the prospect of a hot bath and very interesting pile of 'to reads' and very cheesy fun 'Jazzamatazz' CD which I am loving today to go out and be sociable. Hermit? Moi?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home