Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Oh you! You're so funny / handsome / clever / nice smelling

Have been feeling uncharacteristically flirty this last week. Not flirty in a giggle high pitchedly and bat eyes kind of way, nor a lean forward and heave cleavage kind of way, and not even a laugh at the jokes and tell people they're funny when they're not way. Which, for the record, is all I thought flirting could be once upon a time, which I thought was pretty much the most lame thing you could do, which is why I felt kind of proud that I never did it. But... now I get that this can just be feeling happy, feeling chatty, seeing someone (no man like really 'seeing'someone)and letting them know you think they're cool.

Seriously, it's that easy.

And when you're feeling happy and the moon is in the right place (you know what I mean grrls) its hard not to. Plus you end up feeling good, they feel good, everyone goes away happy, and its kind of funny.

I think I am making up for lost time and becoming a serial flirter. Last night chatted with the kind of cute taxi driver about his artistic talents and had him bragging about his culinary talents (beetroot dip) - I was genuinely impressed, after all its not every man who roasts his own beets (hmm, fortunately I didn't actually say that, that sounds somehow diry!).

After that it was the brothers in the 7-11 when I was buying coffee - they wanted to tell me how much better 'our coffee' (Lebanese coffee) was than the coffee I was buying (them 'better! cheaper too!' me 'it'd wanna be!'), they seemed so proud, and seemed to be wanting to woo me with visions of how lovely said coffee would be, so I laughed and said - well? where is it? and told them that they'd have to make me one next time I came in (which of course will be never).

Then the sales guy in the earring shop (mmm, what is it about Industrial Strength in newtown and their sales staff?? Or am I just particularly inclined towards lanky maladjusted types with good body jewellry - no don't answer that).

Then I think I flirted with someone on a train carriage just through lewd thoughts and a nice smile, it was quite amazing. Had lovely smiles and a 'goodbye' back. Never realised that flirting could be an end in itself - makes it much more fun than just a way to net a prospective partner.

My new revelation about all things flirtateous is that it needn't be a route to a root. And that I needn't clam up and be less friendly with people who I might be interested in or who might be interested in me! Yah. (NB this doesn't mean that I will chat with just anyone, my sleazometer is still in place). Maybe I should write a large type pink covered book on the subject quick smart and make my kersquillions. ??

-----
Erratum
Aherm, yes, MR you are right (bum - I would choose to do my thinking in a public forum where people can comment wouldn't I!??) add the guy with the funky glasses at the cafe (oh could I help myself, we were basically nerd twins)and also the waitress with her funky chicken hair and sassy low slacks (but she was so feisty and sporty, and laughed at my quips - could I help myself?)

2 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

Another one for your checklist: I also saw you flirting with guy at coffee shop with black rectangular glasses.

3:59 pm  
Blogger BSharp said...

ah ha ha... busted!

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home