Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

good morning

hello dearlings
It's been a while since I blogged. Not quite awake yet so this will be sketchy, messy lined, some charcoal smear - no tidy paintnig of my days. In brief (no, I'm dressed..)I have been enjoying the company of Aunty B of BSharp fame, a house guest extrodinairre who has been greeting me with hot meals and chatty stories of days and afridge stocked with beer. I'm like a 1950's husband who gets in late and blahs about work until distracted by homemade lasagne into domestic bliss and more congenial topics of convo. Dinners aside, it has been lovely to have her back in oz, and to have a visitor to show bits of the town to.
It feels like it's been a busy couple of weeks.
Work has been hotting up (and here I do not refer to workplace amores bur rather the heat created by the friction of brain over new territory). Some interesting projects, some satisfying mini-milestones, some scary 'ohmygoddessidon'tknowthefirstthingabout... couldipossiblydo... willtheyfigureoutthatimjustadreamerandamfakingbeingaprofessional*???' moments, but good nonetheless. And yes, still have the 'am I meant to actually be in an office job or am I just pandering to social expectations and doing the regular income boring thing when really I want to do something more heart than head?' moments, and I think they are valid moments and that the question is still a good one to ask. Hmmm, I'm sure my employer would just lurve to read my degree of committment to the job!!?
Apart from all that, I have been entertaining an American visitor. No, not entertaining ala sailors and silk stockings, but wholesome showing around of our fair city(although arguably not so fair after the IR legislation hitting the streets this week..). he is only a bub - almost 19 - and here for various workshops from Northern NSW to the Mountains, who I met at one of those workshops, and who knows no-one in Sydney city or immediate surrounds. have enjoyed playing kindly aunty and taking hiom to cafes and showing off my favourite suburbs. He was actually lovely company - bright and cheery and contemplative. He reminds my of my little cousin who is only 13 and also reminds me that I don't get much contact with kids in my life in Sydney - easy to forget how refreshing that wide eyed wonder and youthful certainty can be!





*'High functioning flake' - to use MysticMedusa's term...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, You! Nice to hear from you. Have a happy weekend - hope the sky is a blue up there and the sun as shiney.

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home