Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mish Mash

"Keywords:
Interesting. Exciting. Initiative. Sustainable."

Thanks to Mister MiCool for these 2 spunky Uk sites. Loving the transatlantic dialogues with all you away folk.

Swap Exchange Islington

Transgressive architecture

Speaking of which Aunty B is back very soon. Check out the funky travel blog here and send them lots of aussie lovin of the electronic kind before they bring their weary bones home and catch up on chat in the flesh.

Speaking of flesh, I have ample after scoffing pav at a baby shower (baby tea? whatevs) this afternoon. Glorious weather and fun games (thanks MeriRisa I took your suggestion and goggled for games ideas - ah the internet what does it not have??) and nice girly chit chat. Some mild birthing horror stories but funniest was our friend who recently had gallbladdder out (and said gall stone attack pain was worse than either of her two natural non-drugged childbirths) waxing lyrical about the joys of morphine.

Lovely yesterday to see the inner westie folk who came up for a lunchy visit and brought cake from my fave bakery in the world. Good lazy lingering chat and gallery browsing, thanks guys.

My blogging is v. bare bones at the mo - squeezing blogging in the cracks in the footpath of my life. Blogging time = possible sleep time... a tricky trade off.

Only one night of wkshop action this week, will be a relief. Actual work to do too - exciting, scary, exciting again. Scary as in 'will I get my act together and do it?'... topic of my first project a little obscure and possibly boring. But then again everything's interesting if you look at it right huh? A friend suggested a spend some time drawing the very humble objects (lets say, just hypothetically that said items were water meters) that are at the heart of my project - get to know it as it were. I like the idea and while it may amuse me for a while is unlikely to make me hand report in any more on time.

Other thrilling work news: suspect I may have been the co-target of very general team meeting comment about office noise levels, and taking conversations into meeting rooms to keep noise down. What are you saying, I thought, you don't like our outrageously funny tea parties in pod 5? Our weekend catch up stories not quite your cup of tea? Apparently not. Oops. Funny to note my indignant defensive internal response ('well, anyway, like it adds life and ... you know, um, well, so and so was chatting too..., and anyway, like you know - don't give me greasies!!'). Very primary school really when in fact it was a completely fair observation and I have just been busted as being a rowdy blabbermouth showoff. Which I am whenever I'm not being a bookish introvert drawing water meters for fun.

And on that night - bring on Monday!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you need to check out your local Freecycle
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycle_Blue_Mountains/

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home