Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A proper sensible grown up woman

I have just read my last posts aghast, embracing th edawning realisation that I have temporarily been inhabited by the ghost of Brigitte Jones: ‘ooooh, I think he likes me!’ ‘oh he’s asked me out and I don’t know if I like him back’, ‘ooooh, what will I do??’.

Yes I hear you, and it sounds to me like “boo hoo…” (A Smack the Pony reference which works as a general put-down, for those of you who used to watch that particularly wonderful off-the-wall UK comedy).

I’m sure proper sensible grown up women have more important things to think and talk about. As Virginia Wold once said ‘all the time that women spend looking in the mirror – they could learn Greek’ – a quote I have never been able to properly source (if anyone can help me?) but love nonetheless. So true! It makes me want to hang those drapey scarves over the old looking glass and take up language lessons toot sweet. She’s so right. Imagine all the useful things I could be doing when I am wasting valuable minutes worrying about boofy hair or a regrettable pimple? Let alone the minutes wasted being spineless deciding what I feel about a potential shag.

So. No more boring as bat-shit date angst posts I promise. Unless they’re chock full of high passion and excitement and make good reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

I bit of date angst is okay, because its usually pretty funny. And I love the way that 2nd dates morph instantly into potential life parnter-who-oh-my-god-has-just-moved-in-and -set-up-a-woodworking-studio-in-the-garagee
-and-brough-his-three-arthritic-dalamations -what-is-girl-to-do type situation !

8:21 pm  
Blogger meririsa said...

Write it off as just a phase you were going thru!

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home