Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

First mango of the season

I ate my first mango of spring today - had it for breakfast, and what was meant to be a casual moment of eating and walking around grabbing things and getting ready to go out became a moment of rapturous concentration on mango eating alone. It demanded my full attention with its sour and sweet and almost salty flavour which stopped me from moving away from the kitchen bench or even thinking of anything else except mango. I think I may have moaned.

1 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

mmmmmmmmmmm mangoes. Fruit from the heavens. You're inspired me to buy an overpriced early season one, right away!! Did I ever tell you about the time when a grower gave me a whole tray? That was tough!!

8:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home