Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rilke wouldn't write a crap speech like that

Thankyou to miss mango and Lord Fontelroy for a lovely surprise package - Rilke! how perfect! And in german too - many thanks. I am enjoying the company of an old friend who has paid a surprise visit on her way back from a uni out in the sticks to stay a few nights. Curry and life chats on the cards tonight. Loving my brama pyjama virtue cards by the way. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Pack of cards, each one with a virtue on them - shuffle at random, pick a card, remember to act out that virtue for the day. yes, kindness, that's right. oops, responsible, that's what I was forgetting... "I am...' etc. Started doing virtue spreads ala tarot, suspect I may need to get out more. Speaking of which, have a band (not)date for a few weeks - friend of a friend in a local band. Had a funny staff meeting today - in a cinema! All staff invited, it was like a strange school assembly. In fact one of the managers who presented was very second speaker year 9 debating if you know what I mean. The rising intonation at the end of sentences that as far as I could figure were not questions, the bad bad really bad quotes delivered like a cat drops a dead mouse at your foot - proud, but for no good reason you can share. He was abysmal, I wanted to take him under my wing and give him public speaking coaching. Poor goofy middle aged middle manager trying to be interesting and asking skin crawlingly low pitched rhetorical questions as if they would pepper his talk with interest. But no, very little interest, very many badly delivered lines. Am I going on? Trust me, it was a killer. Highlight of staff meeting was giggling with classmate sitting next to me as we commentated the action. Loved the guy who would not stop talking but couldn't quite grasp the idea of questions. Very hard to give answers to rambling stream of con.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home