Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hello gorgeous guys and gals
Quick update on the mountain life. Getting terribly excited about the move. Isall scheduled for this coming saturday, but then it has been scheduled for theprevious 2 saturdays too! Seems that the floorboards of this place need sandingand oiling and in some places swathing in (appropriate pattern to the period ofthe house and terribly tasteful apparently) carpet. I spent quite a few gainfulhours shuffling boxes from their storage space in ex-flatmates shed / underspare bed - consolidating lets call it - ready for ferrying up the hill. Friend was driving up the mountains from northern beaches and took a car load for me. Amazing what you can squeeze into the back seat of a car! Had coffee withanother woman from my old work in the cruisy innner west in the hours betweenbox shuffling and back seat packing, she reminisced about the days when she'dmove house in a taxi 'pack the milk crates into thwe back seat and off I'd go'.Those days seem long gone for me - if they ever existed! Despite my self enforced past 2 years of adaptation to other people's homes and lives, and thequite satisfying shedding of the outer accoutrements of persona as embodied byobjects, I still have a lot of stuff! I plan to go through it at the new place -I find myself more critical then. Other people suggest doing it first, so youdon't have to lug crap with you. Good point, granted, but I like the idea of holding the questionable objects up to the new space and seeing whether they are new abode-worthy...
So, starting to gather up my boxes of treasure and get very excited about dinner parties and painting and lounge room dancing and trailing books across vast expanses of newly polished floorboards. Have organised a moss green couch with cute little legs from a girl from work and fought back an almost overwhelming urge to purchase new bed sheets on masse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

So glad to hear about your new Den of Sin! Good to know we won't be freezing to death the ENTIRE time we're away either ;-) Did your exhibition go well? I have to get organised and ring you! We've been really busy here with Sailor in and out of hospital and trying to get ready for the GIANT holiday. I promise to remember to pack your dream diary to bring to you!

12:12 pm  
Blogger BSharp said...

ta da !

Congratulations on the abode. i have some verrry nice blue tea cups that would be newpad worthy...

8:22 pm  
Blogger J said...

I will send my new contact details to you. Yes please and thank you to both dream diary and blue teacups! I have toasty warm oil heaters and very very cute twin single beds in spare room, it is waiting for houseguests!!

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home