Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Cornjulio! It's cold here!
Remember that scene from beavis and butthead go to America where they're on the plane? I am strangely reminding myself of that as we speak as it is BLODDY FREEZING and I am wearing two perfectly good yet completely seperate outfits superimposed just for warmth (nightie and slippers! hiking gear!). This includes a hooded fleece with the hood up - ears covered, nose and mouth covered by the fleece, so ever breath heats up the entire ensemble. House sitting catty is under the quilt. No small victory after my ongoing struggle through the night to stop him from from doing just that. only because I'd put fresh white flanelette sheets on and didn't want cat hair all over them, not yet. Mind you I knew he'd get under eventually. I just emailed in an essay, weeks and weeks late but so exciting nonetheless. My house sit house has kids (not at the moment, they took them with them). Am experiencing strange clucky response to all the ítsy bitsy shoesies and funny little animal toys, which i don't normally do. I think I'm premenstrual (or is that my biological clock ticking?) I'll know for sure if I start crying over ABC documentaries - oh hang on, I do that anyway.

Wishes and kisses...
Visions of health and recovery to your unwell pal mermaidgrrl, and bucketloads of fortitude to you guys for being her support team. Safe travels to knight rider who is off market shopping w mr micool in northern climes. Congrats Aunty B for getting a date picked for your adventure. Visions of inspiration for tedious groupwork mango mitzu. And yah to me for getting another contract up here - mountains for at least another 3 months. Donations of beanies and mittens gratefully accepted knitting types :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

It's even cold here! I'm wearing a hoody and knee high lace-up ugh boots. Hmmmm - kind of Pamela Anderson without the body or Tommy Lee.
Good to hear about the contract Mountain Grrrl. Not long till we come to visit you on our Amazing Adventure! We are seriously scared that we will die of cold weather. If I'm wearing the uggies at 9:40 AM in sunny Queen-land - what hope do I have at midnight in Melbourne?

9:49 am  
Blogger J said...

Look at moi look at moi, I have one word to say to you.. and that's 'thermal underwear'. Lots and lots of thermal underwear. you will become a little icicle in your combi if you don't have layers up here. Start sitting next to the fridge with the door open as practice like those people that have ice baths before they go to antarctica! Will be here until end of August at least - yah!

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home