Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Oh dear. Do you all remember that feeling after you send a text or an email to a newly (internally) declared prospective (or 'potenital' to adapt BTVS parlance). The 'I might just check my email again' game. Actually you may not remember it, for some of you coupled types it will have been a while. Just conjure that feeling of knowing it is silly and doing it anyway. I am an idiot (yes I am an idiot and I don't care!) - that kind of thing. There is a little lurch as you send the thing, a lurch and an escape - free, my words are free, watch them float away to have whatever effect they may have. Off they fly, they're on their own now, not my responsibility!
And when you do get a response, there is that little smile you get before you even open it to read the words. Like a neatly wrapped present that is full of promise. You look at it all shiny waiting for you to open and discover and digest it. And then you surreptitiously reread it. Not too often. Just a few, carefully impulsive, discrete times. And a few more. And then you feel silly and stop.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Is that really you? Or an illusion of my frazzled mind, a mirage of the Seagreen kind? Good to see you back grrrl - I check every day! Life here is hectic and horrible - Sailor is going for surgery tomorrow. Wish us all luck!

6:40 pm  
Blogger meririsa said...

What are you on about, lassie? Hurry up and find yourself a young man to marry!! (just playing the Smug-in-a-long-term-relationship role here...)

But seriously, aren't all new relationships challenging in a similar way? I've felt similar lately when thinking I might have something in common with someone, and trying to arrange to do something with them. It's a wonderful feeling when they demonstrate that your feelings are reciprocated, and you get that spontaneous call from them... good luck with the 2-eyed guy!

Hello to Mermaidgrrrl, also!! Nice to see your stuff on the network... wish someone could give me a "blogging for dummies" lesson so I could learn to put pictures on blog too!!

11:45 am  
Blogger BSharp said...

Yo home girls.

And hey riot-grrl - I didn't realise you were nursing a buddy, hope it all goes okay for you ..

And ah its grant ot hear of happy email. yeop i do remember. that is one nice thing about a this of your time in diff countries too.. !

ps. Yes i am cruising the internet in the middle of the night on Saturday.. its lifestyle central her e in the bunker.

1:28 am  
Blogger J said...

bsharp are you going all Anthony Burgess or James Joyce on us there? I reread that and still have no idea! :)

1:00 pm  
Blogger BSharp said...

Er apparently I have been reading too much Finnegans Wake. I have no idea what that 2nd sentence was about. And the worst part is I was stone cold sober.

Perhaps "Ah its grand to hear of happy email [packages]. Yep I do remember, that is one nice thing about a [relationship] with a third of your in different countries!"

yesm.

9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home