Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oh it has been such a long time since I blogged. Mea culpa. I enjoy reading all of yours so I suppose I should be fair and provide some snippets of thoughts out into cyber space as well? A lot has been going on in my little corner of the world - a burst of creative output (yes including *that* essay that skidded right of the rails and went for its own peaceful wander through the country side!), social activity and domestic chores (which really are no chore at all).

A quick note on mass exodus.... Is it something in the stars? People have been up and leaving, wandering the far reaches of the earth. A friend flew to Hawaii, his housemate got flown to ‘honkers’, another friend of his is going to Paris to live, a friend of a friend has left for life of rugged outdoorsy adventure in a small coastal town in the UK, two urbanites are off to Japan and China for hols, another mate is in Mongolia braving the wild wind swept steppes, two friends have up and left for undisclosed multiple warm locations for a wonderfuly leisurely undisclosed period of time, two other friends are in similar warm places for a briefer spell debating the joys of eating small furry pets, my nearest and dearest kin just came south to leave the warmth and share some winter in my town, two friends and their canary are traveling oz in their kombie but currently taking a pitt stop in my spare room. Wanderlust and all that.

The kombi kids have great tales of adventure in the land of Oz, with farms and open roads and mining towns, seeing wildlife and having a wild life. I am living vicaroiusly, natch. Lovely to have house guests, even if I am admittedly somewhat introverted / territorial / unused to company. I love the chaos and clutter and life and love of people being around, the little acts of generosity, the stories shared, the accidental confessionals, the hellos and goodbyes and see you soons. And it's even getting me out at night! Last night I was treated to a home cooked meal in my own kitchen, beautiful home baked bread and vegies slow raosted, we did a pub crawl of two and ended up watching accoustic locals sing their earnest hearts out and shared gory stories of hospital / paramedic work lives, today the gals chatted with Buddhist nuns and hung out doing holidayish things while I typed for my dinner in the world of laminex and wished I was free to go bushwalking and read in the sun. Maybe Friday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home