Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, May 14, 2004

Got a mixed CD in the letterbox tonight, never has such a little parcel been so appreciated! My CD wallet of music has been listened-to to death. I have even taken to rifling through Uncle's collection in the loungeroom, but it is a risky venture navigating around the unexpected horrors of "Music of a French Cafe", Richie Sambora (nooooooo? what are you doing in there?)and some nasty little oz rock nuggets.

I've been away for like a long weekend right? It feels like years.

Anyone who feels like sending supplies, here is my list:
- coffee from Cafe Biancho on Marion Street
- tim tams (the ones made in Indonesia just aren't quite the same - too crunchy)
- tapes of Sunday night ABC melodrama
- music

Ah, that should just about do it. This is so much like when I ran away from home and packed my singlet and a doll in my kindy case and only made it to the front door (I was only 3)- felt like the biggest adventurer ever - I'm sure if I'd left I would have ended up calling mum for the barbie horse, the books and the dress ups, "yeah could you just drop them over? I know I wanted to get away and see the world, but I kind of miss them...oh bugger it, ok then I'll come back".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home