Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Just FYI - absolute useless pop mind fluff:

The 4th May 2004 Marc Almond Update Newsletter is out now! I somehow* subscribed to these months ago and get regular updates of dates for his Telaviv performances... Thought I would share the joy.

Theatre of Marc Almond
http://www.marcalmond.co.uk

Oh also, in the local rag I saw that Deep Purple are playing Singapore. 'Back by Popular Demand'. Great, might have to pop down.

* A carry on from the February Big Question of 'where is Marc Almond now?' Which is easy - he's in Telaviv performing or online whilst in Telaviv answering readers questions about his new album.

On a note only related by the common thread of almond I need to tell you that I have bought an almond tart and that, working backwards, takes me to my dinner, which I will skip entirely, but merely use it as an opener to relay to you the horrors of my dinnertime beverage - which being (supposedly) a Singaporian specialty means it has something in common with Deep Purple come backs - and that is: tea/coffee! Not as in either or but as in both!! All the sickly sweetness and wrong orangeness of teh-tarek, combined with the edgy hit you in the face muddy bitterness of traditional kopi - all together mixed in a cup and spilled decoratively into the saucer. If given the choice, pay the cafe the 2 Ringgit to not pour you a cup. Truly a case of "nuts and gum, united at last"...

One new combination I was pleasantly surprised by recently - honeydew and tapioca ice cream. Seriously. Apparently tapioca originated in Sarawak on the Island of Borneo - is a staple derived from palm cellulose and did not spring up in the kitchens of English boarding Schools afterall. I was genuinely shocked. Or do you think someone is taking the Mickey?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home