Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, April 10, 2004

The deep breath before the plunge..? Pheeeeew.
Well did that. Finshed up work on Thursday and oh god all that cliche and panic, euphoria and denial. Heady cocktail. Think goodbye cards and trying to decode names I can't quite read and an afternoon tea where I blushed at kind words from friends and my icecream melted while I clutched flowers and said my academy award style speech and quick quick clean the desk and ohmy god I'm out of time now I'm going to the pub. Thankyou to all my sweet work buddies for making it noice.

Love all my wistful passionate winding up resoltions to myself last week that are already fading. Next time I'll have my desk that tidy all the time! Next job I'll remember everyone in customer service's name and make sure I keep lots of records of my work, and not have half finished projects and be more bold and and and...

But really. I think letting go of a job is like leaving a relationship. It's that point when you go 'actually I don't have to stay and make this work, and hey, I'm not gunna!' Really, it was me not you job, I think we've just grown apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home