Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, April 30, 2004

Compartment life - getting my head 'round high rise

This morning found yet another hallway pet - is a turtle. Picked the only bit of long grass I could find this morning whilst walking cousin to playschool (in the apartment complex, just past the jaccuzi - seriously). When back up in the hallway I fed it to the rabbit through the bars in its cage. I have for a while now felt sorry for the rabbit and concerned for it's health as it had only pellets and wheat to eat. Surely that's gotta lead to constipation? Anyway it was very happy with lawn and I wasn't caught out by its owners, which is a good thing as I'm not sure that I could have explained my intentions properly in Cantonese.

The (that is our) maid was in this morning - all my clothes will be folded when I get home tonight. I'm hoping she'll iron too, is that wrong? The last maid ran away (before I got here) - so she is in all seriousness referred to as The Runaway Maid. Sound like JLo / Julia Roberts film ready to be made (no pun) don't you think?

Major victory this morning with the 3 yo - she ate breakfast (Koko Krunch, what else) and didn't cry when it was time to put shoes on and leave for school. AND I found my way to playschool without getting lost. Ha! I was on feeding, bathing, dressing and carting to school duty today and yesterday while Uncle was away on the East Coast for work. he's back today so I'll be off 'morning duty' from now on. Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home