Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Monday, February 05, 2007

My weekend

So on Mondays does anyone else get that thing where there is a post-weekend debrief at wherever it is you go on Mondays? I get it at work: 'So, how was your weekend?' and then we all retell earnestly to whoever earnestly asked, and so often the answers invove tennis or canyoning, or authentic blues gigs in warehouses, or theatre, or cocktails at newly opened bars, or meditation retreats, or time on beaches, or interstate jaunts. So often I think 'oh shit, what's the polite way to say I stayed home and watched the Bill on Saturday night, I had a bath and read, I went to yoga, I pottered in the garden, I wondered about things, I cooked soup...?'. It's not that I worry that my life isn't exciting (oh yeah, go on, I admit, I do), it's also that I feel like the retelling makes us into ken and barbie style robots. It's all what we did, which of our cute little outfits we wore before we zoomed off on our barbie horse or in our barbie campervan or popped into the barbie pink convertible towards a bit of pants painted on frenzied hair messing and plastic face kissing with ken. So, I like this Toothpaste for Dinner comiic, it makes me smile http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/012807/weekend-pie-graph.gif . Although I think a flip book might work better for me. Or.. I have been fancying the retelling of my weekends from now on in moods and experience not activities. Like this:
"Well Friday night was a bit of alcohol fueled ingeneousness and hilarity, followed by some dogged question asking (with no consideration at all of sociel niceties). After a decent slip into the subconscious I reemerged to some vague feelings of self-recrimination and mild embarassment, a bit of longing, and followed up with some evening of companionable interchange with others. More subconscious repose and then up bright and early for physical vitality and feelings of usefulness, vigour and creative interactions with vegetables, then some wandering appreciation of the light as it fell across buildings in the early afternoon. Afternoon featured some procrastination and analytical thought, evening was a nice return to companionable interchange and resting. You?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home