Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Crutches

Oh Monday nights are the most tiring of the whole week. Here are some random factoids. Last night on the walk home a drunk man with one leg who was sitting on a low wall hit me on the arm with his crutches, whilst shouting words that would make a warfie blush. This because I offered to help him pick up one of the crutches that was strewn on the footpath far from where he was sitting. The other crutch was much closer and he bent in half and nimbly grabbed it by the end (demonstrating much more bend and flex than I showed at yoga on Sunday). He gave me a good thwack and caught me by surprise - I pointed my finger and said 'don't you hit me' and stood still and eyeballed him because I thought he might get a taste for it and keep thwacking and it quite hurt. Then I said haughtily 'don't be rude' and walked away.

I think I'm getting a bruise.

Novelty accessories are one of my crutches. I just bought a Cat and Girl t-shirt online for the first time, a silly t-shirt that I've wanted for ages. It's great and makes me smile. I suppose blogging is another crutch. It gives you someone to share those stupid moments with and makes them anectdote, not just a smack in the arm. Doesn't it?

'What is the moral of the story?' Not sure...Your sanctimonious acts of kindness might jump up and hit you? Not everyone wants to be helped? Don't pat stray dogs - they might bite? Could be any of the above.

And now? Perhaps 'you don't make friends with self pity' (aka Cat and Gir - see sidebar - this quote from one of the archived comics I think) could be fitting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that guy. He's wacked me with a crtuch too. Mostly he just calls me a farkin slaaarrrt with a faaaarrrrking caaaaarrrrnt. (one out of three ain't bad) I think the moral of the story is to be careful about feeling sorry for people, because you may just be projecting your own feelings onto them. They may actually be happy.

9:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home