Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ten intimate things seen in public

1. A thin boy in baggy layered singlet, with big earphones doing dance practice silently and alone in front of mirrored windows
2. A woman bent over a cat in a cage on the front seat of her car, so close when she starts to unbend and rise that her mouth is almost touching me as she hisses, cat like, sorry
3. A woman rubbing moisturiser into her brown legs at the bus stop
4. A gaping shirt and a pouty nipple on a dark haired chest
5. A man going through the bin in front of our closest fruit and veg shop, carefullly placing fruit into a green bag
6. Pegnant bellies
7. Someone frowning and looking exposed as they have a mistake explained to them by a kind but thorough mentor
9. The look goodbye that a new acquaintance gives when you are both single but cautious
10. My own hand slowly moving someone else's away from the part of the crossword that I can no longer see well

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, reminds me of the two angels reporting the day's observations to each other in "Wings of Desire" - an inspiration perhaps?

12:23 pm  
Blogger J said...

I have seen that film, but ever so long ago, I hadn't made the connection. I was thinking more Sei Shōnagon (Pillow Book). Makes me want to watch it again sometime soon though.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home