Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Rainbow shoes

I am so going to get some funky suede shoes in pink or green! Yihah. But not the rave boots - at least not for work.

http://www.wallabytracks.com.au/suede_footwear.htm# (Can't do proper hyperlink on this computer, you'll need to copy paste)

And yes I'm a vegetarian and wear leather shoes. I figure this is fine because
a) leather at least has the possibility of being a sustainable product (if tanned using natural products and done carefully and kindly??) which I'm not convinced that synthetics based on petrochemicals can really be (oh I know I know, industrial ecology, cleaner production, recycling etc, but at least as the system is I think plastics are crap)
b) I am ok with my own 'hypochrisy' which I actually like to think of as a montage of moral positions, or perhaps a values smorgasboard. I would argue that it's impossible to live a life without doing harm in the west these days, so giving it a red hot aussie go however we can is the next best thing.
c) In knowing that I am being incostistent I am also cool with other's inconsistencies

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, me too! I have a pair of their sandals which are great.

1:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home