Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

locks lopped and corners uncluttered

Well, it's off for a hairy for me. Oscillating between 'just a trim', maybe a deep conditioning and then a mega swishy blowdry (always fun for a change when you normally have tangly curls)...or maybe a 1920's style high bob that will deal with a wave. I do like the longish tress, it's good for lazy folk like myself who think of haircuts as an annual rather than 6 weekly affir (I know, I know, terrible), and it works quite well to keep yourself real when in the corporate environment (hard to feel too slick and part of the faceless slick corporate machinations when you have wildy hippy hair that you often leave unbrushed). Then again a bit of elegant, sporty shorty can be fun too - I just dread the maintenence and the daily attention that is possible required (as may even require - gasp! - the styling product). I just know you're on the edges of your seats trying to guess what I'll choose - never fear, will update you after the event.

On another note, it is the second day after the full moon, which means we are in the waning period, which apparently is very good for spring cleaning like mad. Well actually for doing some general 'out with the old' whether physical or emotional, ready to work on growing new things once the new moon pops out and starts to wax later in the month. If you subscribe to such notions. In any case, great extra incentive to tackle those lingering *difficult* boxes under the stairs from my recent house move. Do you ever do that thing after moving house where all the fun and easy stuff you unpack in a flurry over the first couple of weeks ('hey, clothes I like! Oh my books! a hah, groovy crockery!') and then 2 months later you realise you can no longer avoid the boxes that were less fun and require some kind of thought and action ('oh, what, broken things? oh shit, a box of random assorted paperwork that needs filing and decding and responding to? Oh, hello, my half finished knitting project that was going well until I realised I couldn't read the pattern for the tricky collar bit and was just making it up - where do you go?'). Well this morning I am doing part 2 of a recent corner unclutter and sorting and it feels great.

Sunny weather back again here also making me inclined to be full of action and verve. For example, even went for a run (as in not for a bus but in a park) last week and have bought a serious sports bra in a sensible shade of pale blue in anticipation of more such frolics. Heavens. Whatever next.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's why I had the urge to vacuum my bookshelves this morning (3 years worth of accumulated grey scummy dust, a few books that slipped down the back, a pile of mail for the former inhabitants that I'd forgotten about and is now two years old)

9:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home