Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

You can try hard, don’t mean a thing – take it easy, then your jive will swing

So yeah, then there was the rest of the weekend, and it involved friends from out of town and friends from within town and phonecall catch ups with folk far away. Miss B is heading off overseas soon and we had a nice cosy going away do for her in a pub in the inner west of our fair town. An interesting mix of folk, and lovely to see some from way back in uni days there, with their small brood. I did a postcard project, where I bought a pack of blank postcards (see your local art shop) and a box of pencils and pastels and scirrors and glue and random strips from magazines, and we created her going away card in installments as the night wore on. Which we'll post in dribs and drabs over the weeks to come. Yah to all those NGO hippies and inner westie mates for creating such funky little numbers.

Off to art course this week (thanks georgie g) and very much looking forward to it. And a little aprehensive. it involves a lot of charcoal as far as I can tell, and giant bits of paper and who knows what else. I expect to have tomorrow be a briefing waffle and demo session and then a few hours of drawing. I expect to come home smudged and dirty, worn out and happy. I hope so. I hope it's not like the hoop workshop last year where I looked forward to it for weeks and then felt like a giant un-co loser close to tears as it rolled (err circled) to a close (note, all you trainers out there, attending workshops can be scary). It's intermediate, and I'm a bit scared that everyone else will be doodling perect circles before lunch. Still. Fingers crossed! I figure it's gotta be messy, and that's what I look for, so I'm sure it will be fun. And a whole nother week out of the office - bliss!

Take it easy..

[Fun Boy Three and Bananarama]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home