Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Movelicious

Well, the time has come - in a couple more weeks I will be bundling the contents of my spunky art deco solo lady and cat apartment into a van and sending it heaving down the hill into the big bad city. I have now told the story of moving at so many social gatherings it feels like a well worn fable from times of old. The story of the commute. The story of all the people n things I'll miss from this town. The story of how it might not be for ever but at least I'll have more time to sleep and have a social life. I've told it all so often the gold edging is wearing off and it's starting to look shabby. Arright already, just let me move so I don't have to talk about it anmore!
This weekend I solemly declared my intention to start packing boxes. I went out for dinner, went to a friends place for lunch, did my shopping, cleaned the bathroom, polished the stovetop, had various phone calls, watched a dvd - and many other scintillating domestic and social things...and then finally, Sunday night - packed a box! Yah. Two in fact. One with crockery and tablecloths, one with art gear. Mmm the essentials. Yes, so as ypou can imagine, that's really knocked a sizeable dent in the to do list. Erm....or not.
Next weekend, many more boxes will be packed for sure. After all, I've broken the ice now...

1 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

Moving is evil. Eee-vil. I think you deserve lots of support and cheers for getting two boxes done. Big ups for Miss J! I'm sure hte art stuff will be the most finicky bit. And just think - its going to be a nice feeling to leave those big beds up there intact, and not have to take them apart.

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home