Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Arty meme thingo

Thanks to Betty Sue for this nice idea that she saw elsewhere. First 4 people to comment to this post get a lovely.. something. Yes! Your very own something. It could be a zany piece of feltwear, could be a print, cartoon, crap poem – lucky dip. Something I will make just for you and email (if electronic) /post (if hard copy) to your lovely abode, wherever that happens to be, assuming you have a postal service that gets to your part of the universe. Yah! Random present for you. If anyone ever wants to send me random presents, T-shirts, buttons or stickers from cat and girl or toothpaste for dinner would be gratefully received as would your own creative um, creations, coloured fishnet tights (a girl can never have too many), donations to very good causes, or either of the Italo Calvino books which I am yet to but keen to read: ‘Read the Classics’ or ‘Invisible Cities’.*

*’Did she just post a Christmas wish list?’
‘Oh my God, I think so’
‘That is like, so year 4.’
‘I reckon, talk about cheeky.’
‘I know – like “and I want a Barbie doll, and a cricket bat and an underwater watch…”’
‘How about a lump of coal huh? How would that be Christmas list girl??’
‘Yeah. Coal. Ha ha, coal, yeah see how you like coal. Ha ha ha ha ha. Cool.’
‘’Um, yeah, whatever.’
‘Coal, like in your stocking. In your fishnet stocking, Ha ha ha ha ha. Coal.’
‘Please stop laughing now.’

Note: Please do not send me lumps of coal. I am not that keen on non-renewable resources that cause respiratory illness and accelerated global warming and drowning polar bears when burnt.



On another note... Random meeting infatuations are not a good basis for long-term partnerships apparently.

Nubby teeth man in meeting the other week was at my work do last week. Turns out his love of good questions and insightful comments when given longer than half an hour transmutes into hideous meeting egotism and unwillingness to hand over any of the roles. Watch my sweet hypothetical potential future husband transformed into scary meeting megolomaniac wielding the butchers paper and wanting to scribe and report back and be a small group one man band. Phew. Lucky I didn’t propose in the short break of our first meeting after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can probably help you with the cricket bat, how many gross do you want? I've got a pile of about 200 of them that some genius bought for the poor kiddies after the earthquake and never got around to giving them out. Now it's my job to find a home for them. Fantastic...

Do I win the first prize?!? I want... I want... some mountain style home-made acid. Of the Timothy Leary kind, not the throwing in women's faces in Pakistan kind.

Did I just type that or was I just thinking it?

Er yes, the right answer. Some home cooked chocolate brownies would be fine.

8:04 pm  
Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

We can do a trade - hamd-made thingy for hand-made thingy. You know I'm just dying for some of those felt booties! And I'm sure I can knock something up that you'd be into. Maybe I'll sew you a wacky, huge brimmed hat in retro fabric?

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home