Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Snippets

Mistermicool in Oz briefly from London, he came and stayed on weekend. Went bushwalking yesterday and walked down the giant stairs... how is it that walking down steps can make strange muscles in your calf muscles yelp for days afterwards? Oh, but only every time I walk or move - so that's ok.

This morning finshed reading quite a good book (will write up shortly on Book Club), which I had accidentally lingered over for months. Good summer reading feng shui to shift some of those halfread tomes I reckon, and instead get teeth into new ones. I also think is good book returning season, so stay tuned for returend books in the post over next few months those of you who have generously left reading material at chateau de sea green.

A mystery was uncovered this afternoon on checking my emails. A mysterious gift from a relative in another state came to me while I was up North celebrating Christmas. A few of you have seen said item as I held it out and we put it on our heads asking 'tea cosy or hat?' Neither prospect was very convincing, due to certain design features lacking (hole for spout/ shape that mimics head) but now I know why - it's a bag! As in for putting stockings in or maybe a jaunty knitted clutch. Glad I opted for a tactful and vague thankyou email and also very very glad I didn't pack it for my next winter visit to home town, and arrive at family bbq with it on my head!!

Had a nice surprise catch up call from Aunty B last week. She and Biz were in Peru at the time, sporting a clean bill of tummy health (yah!) but a nasty bit of top of the world sneaky sunburn (not yah). Hats off to them both for covering much ground and for jumping in feet first with their Spanish. Check out their current exploits at Polenta Files.

Finally, a sulphur crested cockatoo has just landed on the topmost point of a prominent pine tree out my window as I write this. The sky is grey and heavy* as a backdrop and cockie in foreground is lit up white and shining. His crest is up and he is stretching and turning circles. He looks like a Christmas tree angel.

*(just for a change? Where has summer gone in the mountains - it's rainy and foggy and shite. Although as dead pan shop attendant at local art store said to me just last week 'if it never rained we'd all die'... ahuh, yep thanks for that pearl.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home