Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lookee here woman

Above words from a Nick cave song that I can't stop songing this last week. Song is 'Jesus met the woman at the well', gospelish from Kicking Against the Pricks. Which, btw, is the only NC album I own. This point was highlighted for me in a dream I had last Friday night. In the dream I was in the early stages of a whirlwind love affair with said singer, it was all flustery and fun, he was inviting me over, I was umming and ahhing as I had work the next morning (yeah right, like that would stop me). In the dream I had one of those work days where there is a deadline and heaps to squeeze into the day before it ends, so I was worried that if I took the morning off I wouldn't fit it all in*. He is telling me that we can have a tea party in bed and I think I've arrranged it so that I can go but then I am preparing in my head what I'm going to say to him and I'm thinking of how to best say 'I only have one of your albums, but I do like you as a musician, I do.. it's just that my housemate had all your stuff so i didn't need to'. So there you go Nick, you can sleep easy knowing that I do like you as a musician.

* my repressed anxiety at a romantic relationship taking up too much of time when I have other things i want to be getting on with? yeah yeah, I'm so transparent I'm like rice paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home