Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, June 18, 2004

5 observations with no particular point

1. Hose it out and start again
Um, this is gross, but I must share. A while back I faced the horror quadfector of public squat-toilet, hose, no toilet paper and 'stomach upset'. Lets just say that I lived to tell the tale, came out clean, if somewhat wet, and lost no personal belongings or items of clothing. I feel that I have enetered a new realm of adjusting to my surroundings. I even hose by choice on occasions now.

2. Crabby
Today a million little crabs waggled their claws at me as I stood on a jetty. They would have been menacing if I was about 5 cm tall.

3. Green
Cakes here are often green. A green swiss roll is something to behold. I find this a scary colour for cakes. Pandan leaves have a lot to answer for really.

4. You, funny little fellow, go fetch me some tea
am flirting the with the inner colonial opressor in a highly ironic and self depreciating way that sometimes frightens me when I come close to meaning it, but does provide a useful release through humour, in the face of despair at seemingly limitless difficulties in reaching common cultural ground when working with totally incompentant consultants and muddle headed wombats.

5. A world of naan, a world of chai
Chai Walla at centrepoint is my new favourite eating place. Rose chai, ginger chai, garum chai, chai-a-cinno, iced chai.
garlic naan, cheesy naan, plain naan, red bean naan, kaya naan, custard naan, kashmiri naan. Waiters are flirty yet defferential, with nice eyes.

PS ooh ooh a local blog. And it's political. Scroll down (not all in Malay).

*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home