Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, June 05, 2004

This morning my wakeup:
Door creeps open with little hand, a blurry short person yells "breakfast!" and I tumble back into the world from my sleep feeling dry and rumpled. Then door is closed swiftly by a quick hand and another sing song voice behind closed door says "don't wake (missj) up she's sleeping". The first voice starts to cry in rising arcs towards a crescendo of self pity until third voice arrives and says "No, I asked her to ask if she wanted roti channai for breakfast, because she wants to study today and I thought she might want an early start". "Oh sorry (short person) I didn't realise". "So go in and ask again if she wants roti channai".
Door swings open "You asleep?". "No". "You like roti channai?"

***

I dreamt about turtles lumbering up onto land and laying huge eggs like the red boiled egg of the wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home