Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Malaysia is a United Nations of breakfast foods

Buffet breakfast? Will it be rice porridge with salted egg and anchovie? Roti and vegetarian Indian curries? Fruit? Koko krunch? White bread toast with kaya spread? Nasi Lemak with chicken curry? Scrambled eggs with (non pork) sausages,tomato and wedges? Croissants? Coffe and danish? Or, a bit of everything followed by a nice hot cup of teh (yes teh, not the) tarek? No wheatbix!! My idea of heaven.

NB Just don't order the coffee. Tonight: "Can I have a bit more milk for my coffee please" "Certainly, did you want the powder or liquid" "Um. Liquid". And drinks "wthout sugar please" ("without sugar?") still come with sugar, just a bit less. Remember that episode of the Simpson's when the sugar truck overturns and Homer scoops it up and they eat sugar and Lisa says "I think my teeth hurt"? That's me here. There must not be a Malay word for late onset diabetes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home