Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Had a sunny little start to the day with loungeroom yoga today - saluting the sun and waking up in a good mood. At breakfast I tried to order a tea with no sugar and got a glass of water instead! Not sure if that is a coment on my language skills or my ridiculous sugar-free request. Sunday I tried to order tea with lemon and instead got an ashtray. My bad Malay has become a source of delight around the office. Squeals of laughter as I babble half remembered phrases or repeat things absolutely badly. ber ber not bo bo! cuson manis not masung menis! Yesterday we were all in tears. I think I'm just about as bad as the Englishman in Mexico - "no Tom, they're pesos, not paceys... that's a character from Dawson's Creek not a unit of currency..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home