Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Away, again


Can you see how going way begins to feel like work and staying home feels like fun?
Away again, for work. Not complaining about being here – agreed to come, and is in all likelihoods one of the most beautiful places I’ve been in ages – ever? How can one small city have so many wonderful things tucked away in its outskirts?
But here I am. Slightly upset tummy, acidic, from plane food. That unsettled feeling when your soul hasn’t quite landed even though your body got here hours ago. That empty waiting of a hotel room. Watching television on bed drinking tea. Why is it that doing anything alone in a hotel room seems so sad, so desperate, so lonely?
I feel out of sorts. A mix of things that all make me slightly anxious – a weekend of intimacy and proximity, a plane trip, random self recrimination for not having got my life shit together better. Anxiety about the work stuff. I feel teary and it’s not even before my period.

I did a radio interview today and was worried I had come across like a nodding, laughing puppet – please like me, please let my answer be OK.

But it is so lovely here - maybe I will relax into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home