Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

erg!

Does anyone else agree to do things (like talking in front of people and supposedly having expertise to offer) and then think 'aaargh - fuck what was I thinking?? I don't want to do that?' I am feeling like that today. Presentations coming out of my ears over the next few weeks and that jingly feeling that you have when it's all taking form in your head - lots of lovely key points, case studies and references, but not yet a cohesive, polished thing. Not made. Not finished. And you not yet completely convinced that it will work. Or that you might not just slink away and go to the beach instead. And that nervous energy builds up in your body and you want to kind of do a silly jingly bouncy dance, and if you were a kid you probably would. I think I might:
- quickly finish my first draft
- go for a brisk walk
- sing loudly to upbeat music
- give myself a pep talk
- have a cup of tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home