Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I must not write in my blog to avoid doing more important things"

Repeat 50 times.

Yeah but. I just had to. You know, I had this thing I wanted to tell you. It just couldn't wait. And I really really wanted to tell you.

Well, alright then. But make it quick, and then get back to your work.

Um. Erhem. Ckkrrgh.

Oh spit it out! Now you're just wasting more time.

Well. It went like this.
My housemate said "A shark has taken a dog." All horrified and a bit sad, like, and she was looking at the newspaper.
So I said...

!

I said "I didn't know sharks had pets."

...

Yes, and she looked at me a bit like that. So I said it again, but with more comic pizazz. And then when she still looked at me like that I figured that she didn't approve of me making light of the poor dog's untimely death, so I said "oh, I guess he ate it..." and tried to look a bit repentant and sad. But she still didn't get it, and I realised she hadn't got it all along, and suddenly I just thought that was really quite funny actually, and I had to tell someone. And so that's why...

OK. Well you have now. That's enough, go back to your desk and finish your work please. And next time maybe keep your jokes till lunchtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home