Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

the jet set

Today I flew back (flap flap go my wings) from Melbourne to Sydney after a day of work and then a day of not-work. So glad I took a day off afterwards; at first I wasn't going to, but then I realised it would be relaxing to have a day to just do nothing, but do it elsewhere. I had fairly low expectations in terms of 'activities' and figured wandering about a little, and maybe sitting in cafes would be a goood use of the time. As it panned out I hooked up with a friend who is (recent) local who was happy to guide through the sites, and ended up doing a range of my favourite things things - went to the library! (and saw high vaulted several story high domed ceiling in the ornate and serious reading room), looked at laneways and street art, went to an exhibition about the history of a particular shared artists studio space that flourished last century in the City of Melbourne (complete with completely gorgeous B&W pics of the artists in smocks and cloche hats, suits, with giant painting palattes, all painting marble nudes, and the space decorated with shawls and antique vases, just divine), went to the zine shop. All with good company to boot, yah. Flew back exhausted, not enough sleep while away, slept deeply the whole way back, with only the slightest self-consciousness as I lent towards my besuited aisle companion and worried that I might snugggle into the shoulder of a complete stranger in my sleep.

Reminds me that I don't think I did a blog-based shout out to my friend Guitarboy, who recently popped by the Emerald City on his way to Europe for a work trip, and squeezed in a night out in my local(ish) pub and indulged in some nice vego Indian and chat and partook of our sofa-bed before jet setting early the next morn. Yah to him for winning competitions in his field that result in being sent away! He works hard and it's great to see him getting some recognition and perks. Apparently it snowed in Germany while he was there, nice!

Sorry, sure there's more I could write, but a couple of red wine's, sleep deficit and end of the week result in me needing me to limit this to a brief low-down, followed by a hot shower and some shut eye. Ciao bellas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home