Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Total football

Yes, I am watching a football – soccer - show. Why? Because the interviewees are somehow less grating than rugby or Aussie rules types, and frankly, more handsome. And nicely accented. It’s kind of droning, good background, suitably boring, suitably eye candy, their voices blend together as some kind of blanket for me to sip tea to, as I slump down the couch, hearing complex discussions about Beckham’s football career. Kind of strangely peaceful. Or is it just that I’m so tired from a long day interstate for work, washed out from the early start and intense prep, and phone link ups and cramming, exam-like, for presentation on topics that I know – don’t I – but had forgotton, or detail that seemed overwhelming, but now it’s over, seems manageable, simple, know-able. Easy! And I think it went well, because they all smiled and asked good questions and said nice things about our capabilities and reputation (erm, not mine, the organisations). But now I just need droning soccer, spicy tea and maybe spicy snacks – replacing vital fluids and salts after a little brain triathalon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home