Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The start of a wonderful new relationship

Oh I must say that having a new bed is a lot like having a new lover - makes it ever so hard to leave the bedroom to go do anything useful. Yes, I had my brand new bed delivered today. After a manic morning of bed shopping 2 weeks ago accompanied by BSharp, and many indecisive minutes that Sunday, I finally chose one and today my bed finally arrived! Woo Hooo! All 3 tonnes* of lacquered Austraian timber and foam layered cotton futon-ness of it. Hauled up my spiral staircase and built in situ by two lumbering bepierced blokes. I have already had an impromptu little nanna nap on it, face down as I plonked for my first trial of the bed. Looking forward to experiencing the soft yet firm goodness of new bed in all sorts of other positions and times of day - curled in a ball, snuggled under heavy blankets, snoozing with book on top of covers; early afternoon naps, late night drunked stumbles in, early nights. Aaaah.

*Give or take

2 Comments:

Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Oh I'm so jealous - I'm dying to buy a new mattress, but instead I'm stumping up $1500 in medical fees next week and missing out on latex goodness :-( What size is your new bed?

What are your plans for X-mas babe? I need to know whether to post or not. I'll try and catch you on the phone tonight if I'm home early enough. I want conference gossip!

10:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds delicious....... and
hopefully there is room to share when LOVE comes along!!!

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home