Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Zine but not heard

Well Miss B has been posting all regular like despite her recent flurry of freelance. I, on the other hand, have been a little quiet on the Western Front. Bit don't worry, I didn't just implode in a little mound of self reflection and post-conference angst, I've just been busy with work an' all. With the fun bits happening in the 'an' all'. Fun like... my new zine!

Yes, braved Kinkos and photocopied my second edition of 'Week in Review'. Then came home and used the very high tech binding apparatus of:
- my housemate's hammer
- a nail
- a phone book
- some coloured cotton yard
- a darning needle
- a bamboo knitting needle
to bind them.

Sent a bundle to the Zine shop in Melbourne that the lovely Tree Boy took me to when I visited some months back. So, yes hold on to your hats, despite sharing many and varied intimacies with y'all via the world wide interweb, and despite going and talking to many and varied strangers in RL about sensible worky things, this is quite a milestone for me in terms of putting something I've made out in the world. You know - scary, sharing feelings and self expression. Cute little bundle of kindy-style books they were too.

So if you want one, pop in to Sticky institute with $4 in your hot little hand, or email me yr postal details (to ja deyjell y bean a t ho tmail dot com no spaces)for your ever so special free copy for being a seagreen reader. Ooh. And if you make one yourself let me know - we can swap! Yah.

2 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

Ooh! Our first edition looks all lonely on the shelf all of a sudden!
Well done - what an achievement finishing that!
xxx

9:57 am  
Blogger alison said...

ooooo! I have been waiting for edition 2 - I found edition 1 the other day when i unpacked the last box and I sat down on the floor amid the paper and dust to read it and enjoy it trimmenously.
That is, may I please have a copy of edition 2 for my very own?

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home