Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ready read

Feeling a little tired and overstrung (see - is that even a word?) as I drag my sorry ass through my second week back at work, and feel bad about my avoidance of to do list tasks. Also preparing for giving a talk that I am having some serious doubts about. Anyways. Stumbled by this blog and then really had a little tear. Imagine having chemo for breast cancer rather than grappling with a freaking power point presentation. Puts things in perspective.

Oh. And PS, while on being a bit lame - feel free to post comments anyone. Anonymous fine. Recipes for Grandma's pumpkin soup, your to do list, random suggestions for my life, one funny thing you saw on your way home yesterday - whatevs! I feel like I'm singing in a toilet here, the echo is deafening.

2 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

hehe, I tried to post a comment about your return to work, saying I thought it was nice that at your colleagues notices that you were out for 2 hours. Not all workplaces are so personal!

Then I thought maybe that was a bit stockholm sydrome of me, (you know, a perverse love for your captors), then while I was checking I had the correct definition of stockholm on wikipedia, I got distracted and the post didn't publish properly... so here's another go!

6:28 pm  
Blogger Georgie George said...

Liked your tip about the bike and art.. will give it a go. Your blog is always wonderful so keep writing-am intrigued by how the more we/anyone write, the stronger and better developed their voice becomes-and even more intersting and amusing to read.
Can recommend MARTIN SLOANE by Michael Redhill, which is a fictional book with the main character based (artistically) on Joseph Cornell; reading this book made me reconsider the whole concept of collage as art.
Hope you feel rallied!

8:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home