Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bad Maladies

My litany of ills:
Sore back – stiff, from not stretching properly before sport yesterday, and not having been to yoga for a zillion years, and because I work at a desk everyday.
Sore ankle – tipped it running for a ball
Sore leg – looks like I’ve been in a car crash – big and blue and purple. Ran into someone’s shin. This sport malarkey is proving injurious to my health. Note to self– buy shinpads.
General lethargy – too much red wine? Premenstrual? Late night?
Slight occasional wash of melancholy – of the ‘I don’t really care about this but I’m trying my best to do it anyway’ variety. Of the ‘I can’t be bothered joining in your conversation’ variety. Of the ‘can I go home sick based on a composite variety of minor ills rather than some singular good story sickness?’. Of the ‘My to do list is vicious and threatening to bite me with sharp little razor teeth when no one is looking.’
Wolf Mother hair. Does that count as a malady?

1 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

Wolf Mother hair definitely counts. How can you be expected to be all precise and professional and competent when your hair is snapping and snarling at anyone who looks at it sideways?

Or did you mean wolf mother the band and I have just revealed myself to be uncool?
**slinks back to couch, puts on john farnham cd **

7:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home