Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The path to simplicity is paved with wardrobes...

Every week there are more random pieces of furniture on the footpath, I am starting to wonder whether my neighbours will soon have empty houses. Are they gradually moving closer to their minimalist vision of empty zen homes? This week it is an old wardrobe, with angel stickers on it, last week coffee table, the week before cane chairs and a suitcase. I once lived with someone who was rather fond of the 'low furniture' look and given half a chance would chop legs off things. I think he thought it was spiritual. Are monks very short? Is zen intrinsically linked to stumpy furniture legs?

1 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

I know someone who is studying to become a Buddist Priest (? it must be because I think monks are celibate, yes? he has a baby), and he's over 6ft. Haven't been to their house, but can ask if they have any preference for low furniture, but doubt it - knees up around the ears is never comfortable.
This week on our street there was not 1, but 2 queensize mattresses AND ensembles. Both in pretty good condition!!

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home