Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rainh rainh

Oh it is such a rainy few days here in sydney. Coming down in buckets. Has been a few days of seeing friends from interstate who are here for short visits. Last night I got rained in to the pub I was in and just *had* to have three large beers in short succession. Didn't have a brolly you see. By the time I'd had the beer I barely noticed getting wet on the walk to China town for noodles.

About to catch a train so wont wax too lyrical as don't fancy missing it again and having to sit reading trashmags and drinking hot chocolate under those blaring lights at the country terminal.

Reading 'Small is Beautiful' a classic book about the flaws of modern economics by Schumacher (no not the one that drove fast cars and featured in my year 6 commentary of the Adelaide Grand Prix) at the moment - it has been on my 'to read' list for the last year. Found out at the lunch table this week that it is also on the 'guilt list' of a few colleagues. We joked about splitting our 'guilt list' and reading one each - sharing the main findings. Mmmm crib notes for being well read. Cramming for what purpose exactly? Anyway, I'm liking it - it makes sense and is well written, a rollicking tale - and given that it was penned over 20 years ago and I am an econophobe that's not bad going.

Wearing my pirate knickers today, which reminds me of Aunty B last Saturday night spontaneously dropping her dacks and showing the girls her lime green Motley Crue knickers - and I thought I was the terrible exhibitionist...

1 Comments:

Blogger BSharp said...

exhibitionsit? Ha you got a long way to go sista... ;-) And they loved it, the slags.

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home