Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

yah day at home

Last night was another one of those odd Friday night mis-adventures, but I might write about that later. For now, I just wanted to share how delightful it is to be at home, well rested, in my favourite floppy trousers of the minute, making coffee, listening to Rufus Wainright (Want One) (thanks MC and CChan for steering me in that direction), doing the dishes (mmm, warm water and bubbles, feels like playing) and trying to negotiate half of this chair with my cat.



This weekend I aim to: do my washing (hey no-one promoised this blog was going to be interesting), send a few cards, get back to my referencng for my beast of a literature review for work, 'do my steps' (see earlier), call mum for a chat, hopefully meander up the main street and bump into random mountain folk and have random snippets of conversation about the state of the fruit in the co-op (mmm pears are good right now), what music we should go see in future, how work is, how painting /writing/ commuting/ recording/ studying/ counselling/ gardening projects are going, how babies are etc. Do a little researching / window shopping for winter boots and mobile phones maybe. Maybe tidy my desk, maybe varnish last week's little canvases. Tonight I plan to eat pizza and drink red wine (hey,no-one said this blog was going to be healthy) and maybe have a bubbly bath (thanks again Mermaidgrrrl!).
Aaaaaaaah weekends :) Slow like snails.

PS last sunday night out for dinner found the only person I know who also used to have snail races when little!! Mine were always fraught as the snails would climb over the barriers (egg cartons), go the wrong way, not move etc. But I had a vision and dammit I wasn't going to let the snails lack of work ethic stand in my way. Actually I think I only did it once. This other woman loved snails so much she used to pick them up on rainy days as she was walking to school and stick them on her arms. How cool is that! Her partner when little used to put worms in his mouth just to feel them (worms released safe and sound at the end of experiment). How cute and fitting that the snail girl and worm boy ended up together. Kids (well people really) are freaky and gorgeous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home