Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Printmaking conversation..cont'd

Thanks to Georgie George for her suggested printmaking sites: hunter island press and the Baldessin Press. I now officially want to run away and live at Baldessin Press - it looks lovely!

I think that this could be the focus of another blog - nay website if someone more techieliterate than me wants to help me make it. A loose collection of folk united by a love of printmaking,post pics and most recent learnings on techniques. Then again, maybe I should stop blogging and start printing???!

In my defence I would like it noted that last week I returned the community environment art project (Dragonflies and swamp ecosystems) which I was last part of in late March. Just in time to help them workshop their final piece which is going in a window for the Art Street project as part of the Winter Magic Festival. I'll be going along for the next 3 weeks to help them print because "we just never got the same kind of prints since you left". I suspect it's because they're using crappy hard rollers to be honest, and told them as much, but hey, happy to go along with the idea that I am a technichal whizz. Will be lovely to see it come to fruition after being there to get them started in the medium. But my own stuff? Not really happening at the mo. Had a nice angel series I had in mind, started with 'the angel of asking' (to go along with the angel of giving), but after cutting the plate have not even printed it yet...and that was weeks ago.

A big hello to my lovely mum who might be reading this for the first time, and is currently making some very groovy furniture out of found bits and pieces, speaking of projects. (Just tell me if you want a funky blogland psuedonym :)

PS how did you go with the lecturer Georgie? I admire your courage funky art chick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgie George said...

Haven't managed to get in touch with the art school guy yet, but printed up about 8 drafts of a windmill series, still needs a bit of work with the ink layers before I move from butchers paper to something stronger; and also need to balance the print between naivete and what at the moment looks like too little detail. Was looking at my Margaret Preston book last night-her wood prints are great!

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home