Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

best shoes IN THE WORLD

I recently went shopping with a very brave Miss Snap Dragon who endured my pouting and whining as I tried yet more bots that didn't fit. In the end I bought a zippy little pair of pixie boots, along with... the BEST shoes IN THE WORLD. They are blue - but oh what a blue. Inky, squiddy, tealish, gunn metalish. A cold winter sky blue. A grubby blue. A demure and contained blue. A blue of keeping to oneself. A blue of a sea bird's belly. With... the thinnest, most restrained chocolate brown edging. Strappy. All criss cross industrial strappy with an interior platform and firm, no nonsense chocolate wood heel. I pretty much love them. They are indeed the BEST SHOES IN THE WORLD. Only I haven't yet worn them. When the weather warms up I plan to hang my whole wardrobe off these shoes. If a dress doesn't go with these shoes I don't want the dress. If a new work outfit can't be spliced together with these stylish hoofs I simply dont want to wear it. I feel that this is akin to my gumboots as a kid... or maybe that red velvet dress I had at age 7 which I simply utterly adored and felt made everything, every occasion, every moment, better. Bring on spring.

2 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

Where is picture?!

10:18 am  
Blogger J said...

aaah good call. I thought I would leave it to your imagination. After all a photo would hardly do them justice. But maybe when I wear them for the first time in Spring I will commemorate with a photo ;)

8:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home