Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Your favourite toilet

I was at work the other day (yes, I went back, yes, I'm still there, yes it's actually fine - more to follow), and went to the toilet. As you do. As I was coming out of the cubicle someone was on the other side of the door about to push it. We laughed. She apologised. Then she said, kind of accusingly, 'you're in my favourite toilet!' I laughed and left, and told the girl I was about to have lunch with about the exchange, remarking that in fact the strange thing was that that very same cubicle was my favourite toilet. Rather than look at me strangely and ask what the hell I was talking about (after all, who has a favourite toilet) she said' oh mine is the one up the other end.'
'But mine has the funny little angled door - it's cosy, and its close to the windows, nice light' I say.
She says 'oh no, claustrophobic, and those windows are so cold in winter'
We muse together on the way down in the lifts on whether everyone out there actually has a favourite toilet, and whether there's some kind of pattern to who chooses which one. Your favourite toilet - the new management personality profiling tool (no pun intended) perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home