Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

yo ho blow the man down

Well it is certainlly BLUSTERY today. The kind of ne'er do well wind that tangles washing and blows leaves and dust into your eyes. The kind of wild woolly wind that tangles up your thoughts and plans and makes the day go all unruly. Or at least that's my excuse. Some days you just don't want to go in to the office - am I right? Some days it's not that you particularly dislike what you have to do it just seems all a bit - sigh - dull, and mapped out and prepacked. Somedays I'd rather be tooling around at home and drawing or making scones or having a tea party. Still. Maybe work is the grit I grow my pearl around. It certainly pays the rent, and, well, it's not nice to all the other people who go there to bail on it completely. Am I right?

Wind has also blown my southwards and westwards these last few weeks. Went to the mountains for Winter Magic festival and caught up with old friends and felt some real proper cold winter weather. Drank tea, got drunkish, laughed. Blew me to Melbourne too, just a few days, for work and then a day off to mooch about the funky burbs and catch up with a friend. Drank cofffee, bought comics, played online scrabble together in person (warning this tends to result in accidental playing of each other's hands). Blew home, feeling caught on an upswell, happy, but glad of own bed, home to roost.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home