Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

and...

I got the job! Cool huh? Found out today and so now am finalising in my head the conditions aspect - as in, what do I want? 35 hours over 4 days a week? 30 hours over 4 days a week? 4 days and one work at home day a week where possible?
What about my cat? Will I commute or crash in someone's spare room mid-week?

So many questions! So exciting!

Good news is that they seem very switched on to life-work balance stuff and on the phone were happy with all the ideas I floated, plus said we can try something and see how it goes and always change it later. Very happy about the idea of working for a place where people think it's cool that you have other interests and commitments, where they have a 'library' complete with couches in the office, where they have a small bicycle fleet for city meetings, where they use only green cleaning products in the office, where they get you to write a professional development plan and budget a decent amount of time and money for each staff member to use on courses or conferences or similar. Liking all of that. Plus links to uni mean all my nerdy dreams of academia can be satiated whilst not actually becoming an academic- yaaah!

2 Comments:

Blogger meririsa said...

oooh! bikes for city meetings and couches in the office library! VERY cool. Glad they are so flexible - way of the future, I say...

2:17 pm  
Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

But do they have fridge magnets warning you how to spot potential terrorist attacks? Cause they're really cool!

11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home