Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Up in flames, down the drain
Sunday. Woke up later than should have and almost missed my lunch date. Feeling blissfully sparkly to start with until hangover crept up and took over. Feeling wretched now.

Lunch date was good, tying up loose ends from housesitting end of last year with a woman whose life leaves me gobsmacked. You know the people you know who have flawless filing for their bits and pieces, whose gardens flourish, who have always just been to an exhibition opening, who have every groovy kitchen appliance or power tool they may ever need, who go away for walking holidays in the swiss alps... or maybe you are one of those people. Anyway, I felt like a trashy, drooby, innefectual teenager in comparison. (in unison - no no really you're fabulous)

Oh anyway, back to my story, "down the drain". Fish #2 was dead this morning!!!!! What the hell am I doing wrong?? I have water, rocks, bubbler, plants and snails in there. I feed them every day! Starting to feel like some kind of fish murderer. When your time's up it's up?

Other news - almost burnt my kitchen down about 10 minutes ago. Heard a crackling noise and realised my toast hadn't popped and shit there were clouds of smoke and toast was charcoal. Oopsy daisy.

Also, project 'unpack all my boxes and tidy my bedroom' is half way through. Some boxes to go in the shed. Made so much mess in there I had to sleep on the sofa bed last night when I finally staggered in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home