Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Sunday, January 25, 2004

I'll keep this brief as I am seedy as all get out. Saw some dj's from Mad Racket playing at the Festival Bar last night - danced till I got a blister, ouch.

Re BDO - I went in the end - saw Strokes, Aphex Twin, Felix da Housa Cat and Basement Jaxx. Basement Jaxx were well worth a look if you are in the boiler room already - even if you aren't the world's biggest fan usually it was hard not to love their 'Hi-NRG' style performance and amazing strong female vocals and sassy 'having a great time being up here' on stage performance. Plus cute bongo player. Nice way to end the night.

Quotable quotes
Friday: "aaah lasers, now I feel at home" (from Mr doing volunteer work at the nude beach). Saturday: "He looked like casper the friendly ghost" (from Ms now all my worst pale jeans fears for date boy have been realised). "I've found Hawaii postcard gold!" (Thankyou party invite design consultant). And belatedly, "B.I.T.C.H. Do you want me to use it in sentence? You are a bitch" (Mc keeping those scraggy Eastern suburbs beachside bowling club bar staff in their place - even if not to their face).

Keep them comin' kids - these are our future 'it's only 4.17's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home