Sea Green

Ephemera etc.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

The big life questions that apply to all the big life things - 'am I alone here?' and 'am I doing this right?'. I am tackling both as I wade through laptop instruction booklet. Try this one out for size "This computer support shutdown software shutdown". Uh huh, it may well, but clearly does not support plurals... And Step 2 tells me how to install my operating system "Turn on the computer, when text appears.." but it is step 3 that tells me how to turn on and open it. Uh huh. (Not that I didn't know how already but it's the principal.) Can I trust the computer nerd that designed the thing was better at their job than the person who wrote the quick start guide?

Am I alone here? Am I doing this right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home